About The Company
Barclays is a global financial services provider, engaged in retail and commercial banking, credit cards, investment banking, wealth management and investment management services all over the world.
With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs over 145,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Barclays Shared Services (BSS) is a 100% subsidiary of Barclays Bank PLC, which is a leading global financial services group, with a strong presence in Europe, the USA, Africa and Asia. BSS is a key part of the global vision for Barclays and provides operations support & services to businesses within Retail and Business Banking and Barclays Corporate.
As a Credit Analyst – Middle Office, your responsibilities will include:
Credit Applications – 60%
• Own the day-to-day credit data relationship for a nominated portfolio of customers;
• Co-ordinate the interface with LB Risk for the nominated portfolio of customers;
• Use software to analyse historic and projected financial information to identify key issues and terms prior to discussing with Relationship Director.
• Responsible for collating and managing customer produced financial information and input.
• Pre-populate software with annual reports & supplementary information for target accounts.
• As required, develop and maintain contacts with credit-related specialists in other branch sectors and other areas of the Group (e.g. for specific industry-related risk issues)
Business Management 35%
• Use knowledge of risk procedures and complex security to make recommendations to
RD on protecting the Group from losses and managing high value facility risk.
• Take ownership of urgent credit related matters such as dealing with court orders and
Companies House notifications.
• Provide technical input and undertake research for Relationship Director in
connection with proposed security and liaise with BLSC to arrange preparation and
execution of security documentation.
• Co-ordinate the transfer of accounts to the Debt Recovery Unit (DRU) and assist the
RD/Business Support team and others with the recovery procedures for non-DRU
• Discuss customer breaches of covenants and terms with RD and make recommendations/ initiate remedial actions.
• Review of Excess refers and other risk reports.
• Undertake and adhere to all compliance regulations applicable to your role.
• CA/CFA/FRM/MBA in any discipline
• Exposure to product and credit systems in any corporate bank
• Knowledge of the value chain in corporate banking
• Understanding of corporate banking products and risk associated with them
• Aptitude to work in a dynamic business environment, periodically requiring tight
deadlines and aggressive turn-around time
• Strong customer focus, commercial awareness and should be quality conscious
• Flexibility to adapt to change