Technical Support Engineer | TEKELEC
Tekelec is looking for a Technical Services Engineer – responsible for providing technical support for Tekelec Eagle/OpenSystems/EMS products.
A Technical Services Engineer is the focal point and direct interface to the Customer providing effective communications, technical and product expertise, and escalation relative to expeditious resolution of customer’s technical and service issues that can impact the image and revenue opportunities for Tekelec. A Technical Services Engineer promotes customer advocacy utilizing product and industry knowledge along with technical leadership in the areas of customer and Tekelec activities, translating issues and opportunities into Tekelec preparedness and proactive strategies producing a positive impact.
Key Responsibilities of Position
- Be able to work in a team environment where multiple players contribute to problem resolution.
- First point of contact and direct interface to customers relative to technical issues requiring action for resolution.
- Interface between customer and Tekelec Desing Support / Engineering.
- Participate in Product reviews to ensure necessary support mechanisms are in place.
- With assistance; develop, test, and verify original software fixes for inclusion in the open stream
Minimum Competencies Required
Experience: Minimum 0 to 0 years of Telecom Industry Experience. Prefer some Tekelec Product experience.
Skills: Requires excellent problem solving and strong analytical skills. Advanced knowledge of Tekelec software languages and the use of debug tools. Good oral and written communications skills. Ability to function under pressure in critical situations.